It’s that time of year again…this upcoming Sunday, March 11th at 2 am we will spring forward and our clocks will be shifted ahead by one hour. The new 7 am is the old 6 am, which means that when we wake we will feel the effects of that “lost” hour of sleep for the next few days to come. And even more frustrating, so will our little ones.
I know the term newborn sleep survival will resonate with a lot of you. Your new baby’s sleep over those first few months may be precarious at best, quite fragmented and seemingly unpredictable. New parents find themselves in a perpetual state of treading water, catching sleep for themselves and baby if, when and where they can.
Waking too early, early rising, and early birds. It doesn’t matter how your phrase it, when your baby wakes for the day before dawn has broken it’s rarely cause for celebration. Because who actually enjoys starting their day at 5:03 am?
I'm happy to chat.
Book your FREE 15 min. call
My Thoughts, My Blog – Sleep Clarity for Your Family
- Springing Forward Your Baby’s Sleep (Fraser Valley & Okanagan Sleep Consultant)
- 2 to 1 Nap transition (Fraser Valley Sleep Consultant)
- Room Sharing with Siblings (Okanagan Sleep Consultant)
- Daylight Savings Time Baby Sleep Cheat Sheet (Fraser Valley Sleep Consultant)
- Baby Sleep and Travel – My Favourite Travel Sleep Tips (Okanagan Sleep Consultant)